The Planning Section collects, evaluates, processes, and disseminates information for use at an incident. When activated, the Planning Division Director manages the Section.
Responsibilities of the Planning Section include:
- Establishment of a command center complete with needed equipment, communications system, etc.
- Identification of resources
- Establishment of educational programs
- Development of plans for floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, power outages, and winter storms
- Appointment of an information officer
- Identify existing state plans and incorporate them into SART plans